Friday, February 6, 2015

Friday High Fives

These week's pick me ups compliments of:
  • Holding a friend's sweet, tiny new baby, Josie. It's amazing how quickly you forget just how small a new baby feels in your arms. 8lbs feels like 1.5lbs to me now. Check out this beauty. Could she be any more precious?

  • Ugg boots. The amount of snow that surrounds us requires the real deal boots. Anything less than fur-lined boots is child's play.
  • The Bachelor and all it's awkwardness. If I'm going to have to suffer through 2 hours of awkwardness, I want it to be from the comfort of my own home. And in sweatpants.
  • This song and video. I may or may not have listened to it approximately 30 times in the last 24 hours.

  • Dinner plans tonight with a fun couple at Ciao Bella.
  • These tasty and not horrible for you crackers. I'm on a flaxseed kick and these are delicious.

  • The documentary Bridegroom. I was fortunate enough to see the creator and main character in the film speak at our college this week and his story is heartbreakingly beautiful. If you have Netflix, add this one to your queue. It'll make you think and feel and love and hurt all at the same time.

  • Great Harvest Bread Company. How have I not tried this place before? I've been missing out people! If you have one in your area, call them up and ask which day of the week they make their brownie bread. Then mark your calendar and get there early before it sells out. You're welcome. This stuff is legit.
  • A dinner at home that I did not have to make. It was so nice to be able to come home, feed Nash and not have to worry about then cooking for the Hubs and me. Dinner compliments of the Hubs. Porkchops, brussel sprouts, whipped potatoes, and stuffed mushroom caps.

  • Having Nash's baby dedication at the church this coming Sunday. I'm excited to make the outward expression and commitment to raise our son in the church. It'll be a special morning to have him surrounded by family during the service and then to be able to celebrate at our place with a brunch afterward. Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.
Happy weekend, Y'all!

No comments: