Chris Tomlin's new song "Our God" is helping to keep my head up, my eyes forward, and my heart hopeful today when I'm not feeling so great.
Give it a whirl, it just might lift your spirits too. And go ahead, crank up the volume. You know yo want too.
Thursday, September 2, 2010
- Drinkable tap water
- Not having to take bottled water into the bathroom to brush my teeth
- Less heat and humidity. Geez, I forget how hot it is there!!! We ain't seen nothing, Charleston!
- No gallo pinto for 365 days (no more rice and beans, por favor)!
- My dog.
- My bed and my duvet! Sleeping with: 1) bugs in your bed on the last 2 nights= not cool. 2) sleeping with only a paper thin sheet while a fan blows on you= Brrrrr. Even in 90 degree temps it's chilly.
- Sharing stories with my family and those that ask.
- Clean, dry clothes.
- The luxuries of paved roads, houses not made out of tin and dirt floors, etc...that I tend to take for granted.
Things That I Was Not Excited to Come Back to:
- Having to wear make-up.
- Having to do my hair.
- Having to pick out clothes every day.
- Everyday tasks that I have to do, but that don't contribute anything to my life.
- The readjustment phase. I hoped it got easier each time. I'm learning that is just not so.
- Figuring out how to hold close everything I learned there, and not let the faces and names drift away.
- Being away from that beautiful country and those beautiful people for 365 days.
- Leaving behind Pio Quinto! A dessert that I am convinced the Lord himself created for our pleasure!