Although we're working on it daily, I'm convinced we'll be those parents who are not allowed to leave the hospital without declaring a more concrete moniker than Baby Boy Freiberg. I've seen that Lifetime movie and it didn't end well.
I can, however, declare there are a few names that we have successfully vetoed for one reason or another. They either gave us a laugh or took us longer than 30 seconds to pronounce correctly.
For your reading pleasure, I give you the following "real" names, according to the 1,000 names disclaimer:
- Pierpont- Tim actually likes this one. Me, I think it just sounds like a bridge in a bad part of town.
- Pepe- This one makes me laugh and I like to randomly work it into baby conversations with the Hubs.
- Nemo- Yep, this was actually in the book. Tim dismissed it immediately as we'd "constantly be trying to find him." He's a funny one, that Hubs of mine.
- Fritztopher- Okay, I totally made this name up one night, but I secretly love it. And I really like Fritz. Tim denied me the joy of Fritztopher, but go ahead and say it out loud. You cannot say that name and not feel happy. Really.
- Remus- Um, I don't even know. Book authors, seriously?
- Festus- This one is way too close to "fetus" for my liking. He'd be destined to be tiny and frail.
- Balfour- I'm pretty sure this is the name of the company who makes high school class rings.
- Philangee- I do believe we studied these in anatomy class. No thanks.