Wednesday, December 11, 2013

We Found Our Cheer

Christmas cheer, that is. And we finally mustered the strength and determination to put up that dang  glorious tree! Granted, every single Christmas bin that we pulled our décor out of is still strewn across the house, BUT the tree is up and things are looking festive. Ahhhhh.

We had a fire going, dinner in the oven, carols on the stereo, etc... I just love Christmas music, don't you? It's just so hopeful. Everyone in it is either home for Christmas or promising to be home for it, walking amongst wonderlands and jingle bells, and don't even get me started on O Holy Night (which I've talked about on here before). Lyrical perfection, I swear. I could listen to that one all day, every day.

My current, favorite Christmas album is by Barlow Girl. They're from Illinois and they just knock it out of the park. If you haven't listened to them, give their Christmas album a whirl. Especially the track shown below. I, for one, am so thankful that "we've been found." And since I usually play this CD at least two times in a row with each sitting, the Hubs is constantly asking me how many times he "has to listen to the Gilmore Girls" this Christmas. My reply...a million times and they'll all be spectacular.

And in our house, you must wear festive head gear while decorating. I, myself, opted for my pink, princess Santa hat that my dad gave me, while the Hubs chose Minnie ears over a jingle bell headband. He didn't look too thrilled, but hey man, you chose the ears. Choose the ears, commit to it and smile. Or no Santa. And yes, we believe in our house.



And because I love a great list, I thought I'd share some of my favorite Christmas tunes with you.
  • O Holy Night- pretty much all versions, but Celine Dion kills it with her notes at the end
  • Hallelujah- Barlow Girl
  • Merry Christmas, Darling- The Carpenters
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas- Frank Sinatra
  • All I Want for Christmas is You- Mariah Carey
  • Silent Night
  • Rockin Around the Christmas Tree

What are yours??


No comments: