Oh, Friday, how I thought you'd never get here. Never. Although this seemed to be a long and tiring week, I still have a few high fives to disperse. It's the little things that make even the most tiring weeks more bearable, you know?
3 cheers and high fives to:
- A brand new, handsome baby making his way into this world a month early and being A-Okay! Praise the Lord!
- Seeing our friends from Nashville for a few hours. Distance makes the heart grow fonder and the hang outs more special.
- An impromptu game night during our small group time. There was definitely a level of bonding going on that discussing the past weekend's message just doesn't offer.
- An evening on the water with live music, drinks and food directly off the grill at Dinner on the Dock. It was a great summer evening with some great people.
- Living near family. I love that I don't have to travel to spend the day with my family or to have heartfelt discussions with my awesome mother in law.
- Being at a work event with my dad attending as a guest as well. It's so cool, after 16 years of working away from home, to build a career that can overlap with my dad's.
- Checking a big event off of my to-do list at the office. Some events keep you up at night. This was one of them.
- Seeing the mama deer and her two little ones entering our woods one evening. Apparently we're having twins! Deer twins! Piggy and I want to hug their neck and feed them corn.
- Meeting up with friends tonight for City Market along the river. Two nights at outdoor events is good for the soul.
- Planning my BFF's Bachelorette weekend and shower. Celebrating people who deserve so much happiness makes the process so much more fun:)
- Knowing that although I cannot attend one of my favorite couple's baby shower this weekend, my gift will be there and my heart and mind will be wishing I was there!