Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Go Home and Love Your Husband.

Today I'm going to let someone else do most of the talking as they are much wiser and more seasoned than I am. Thanks to our dear friend, Mr. Facebook News Feed, I stumbled across this quick read about marriage, and thought it was worth sharing (and maybe reading and rereading). I've said it before that marriage is hard, however the more I read about it and watch it lived out in others, the more I realize that it doesn't appear to be rocket science. It seems pretty simple...Love your wife. Love your husband. Repeat daily for as long as you both shall live.

I, for one, know that when I feel valued, loved and prioritized, the level of love that I have and want to give back grows exponentially for Tim. On a random weekend when the Hubs offered to go run errands with me without being asked or persuaded, and when I got in my car and dreaded having to stop for gas on the way to work in a downpour, only to realize that Tim had gotten up early to take my car to get gas so that I "didn't have to stand in the rain in my work clothes", I felt incredibly loved. Not rocket science. Just good, old fashioned intent. Love is amazing. Being intentional is beyond amazing.

I hope you'll take a few minutes and peek at the insightful and honest "3 Things I Wish I knew When We Got Married" article. I think it'll be worth the 5 minutes. And then go home and love your wife. Love your husband. And repeat.

http://www.relevantmagazine.com/life/relationships/3-things-i-wish-i-knew-we-got-married

No comments: