Monday, January 7, 2013

My Hubby Rocks




I've always known I was a lucky girl when it comes to many, many things in life. When it comes to my hubby, that same luck rings true.

Although, like any other wife person, I'm often the hardest on those that I love the most. I'm not proud of it, but I'm aware of it and working on it. Why do we this? I guess because we can be tough on them, we can say things to them that we shouldn't or wouldn't dream of saying to a stranger/coworker/friend for fear of being punched in the throat or being unfriended on Facebook, as they're just always supposed to love us by design, right? Our families and hubbies sort of have to love us in spite of our short coming, mood swings, and un-loveliness at times, or so we think. But when they can love us through those moments, well, then we should sing their praises from the mountain tops. Or at the very least, blog about 'em. Duh.

So here it is, the top 5 reasons my husband rocks (even when I don't, Bless his heart!):
  • He makes my coffee every weekday morning. Really. Every day I awake to my Tervis tumbler warmly cradling my low-fat milk, 2 splenda coffee. Delish. But what about the days when we run out of coffee like today, you ask? Well, he thoughtfully leaves said Tervis tumbler out with a fresh K-cup and 2 splendas stacked on top so that I just have to throw in the little pod and viola! Hot coffee in seconds.
  • He fills my humidifier tank with water on the sly (although I did bust him on accident when he was quietly filling it the other night. He looked like a kid who got caught doing something horribly wrong. Fill on, my brotha! I didn't see a thaaannng!) I don't know why, but I despise filling that tank all the time. Well the hubs caught on and started to fill it at random times for me. Ahhh, it's the simple things.
  • He randomly fills my gas tank. Are you sensing a pattern here? I apparently hate filling things. Who knew? Every once in awhile, I'll hop in the car and there it is...a full tank of gas. Hallelujah!
  • He takes the Pig out in the middle of the night, almost every night, even when it's FREEZING. And that right there, folks, is what a keeper looks like! He knows that I'm afraid of the larger wildlife in our yard, granted only at night when coyotes might be out, so when the Piggy needs to go outside in the middle of the night, the hubs is the one to do it. Bless him again.
  • He does 90% of our laundry every week and I never had to ask. Don't get me wrong, we hit a few bumps in the road as he learned the hard way  which of my things he couldn't dry or that I never wash my clothes in hot water or everything shrinks, but he washes, dries, hangs, and folds. It rocks. And therefore, consider this blog my mountain and these words my song!

Thanks to my hubby for everything you see in this post and so much more. He's the bomb.com and I am a lucky girl. Now if only I could teach him how to paint my nails.....JUST KIDDING, babe!!! I'll settle for the rights to watch the Bachelor premier on the College Football Championship game night;) That's right, udda man!

No comments: