Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013- Ready or Not!

I've never really been one to make New Year resolutions, mostly because when I have, they've never seemed to stick. However with 2013 upon us, and with the amazing year of 2012 now behind us and cheering me on, I figured "why not?"!

Please keep in mind that although I am an optimist, I'm also very much a realist, so you will not find anything ridiculous on my list like run a half marathon (sorry, handsome hubby, that one is still 110% your deal!) or hike the Appalachian Trail, swim with sharks, etc...

2013, I hope to share with you the following goals/moments/milestones:
  • Continue working on Simply Vintage and giving it our best shot at success with our first Bridal Expo in 2 weeks (eeekkkk!)
  • Stop joking about how out of shape I am and get healthier. I literally worked out once between June 1st and Dec. 31st and that is just sad and gross. So, without further ado, I kicked off a new workout plan last night. In my own kitchen. While Wrigley stared in utter confusion. Which means I am sore today. But, hey, at least it's one day down and I followed through on my goal of starting it Jan. 2nd. Booyah!
  • Continue developing my recent passion for cooking new and tasty meals for my hubby. I shared with the hubby last night that when my life was turned upside down with the move 1,000 miles away from my home and then our home being turned upside down with repairs, cooking became one of the few things that made sense as a new wife. I could find a recipe, follow the instructions and boom- we'd have a great meal together amongst the other chaos. Cooking made sense when other things didn't.
    • Plus it's nice to know that I have a hubby who never goes without a warm and usually tasty dinner after he works so hard to provide for the Pig and me. He claims he's packed on some lbs. from my new hobby though. Oops!
  • Continue my love of reading. I consider myself lucky to be someone who gets totally lost in movies and books, so much so that once either one is over, the story lines and characters aren't done in my head. There's nothing better than getting lost in another world through a good book and I plan to keep that up in 2013. Any awesome book suggestions out there?
  • Start a family.
  • Find my volunteer niche in my new community, while still being involved in my old one through Cinderella Day 2013.
  • Find a married couples small group/Bible study that suits both the hubby and myself. If you're not growing, you're dying, so we better get on the growing in our new church. We've got things to learn, friends to make, and Lord to love!
What does 2013 have in store for you? Let's make this year our best one yet!

No comments: