Monday, November 30, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Ahh, home sweet home for 5 days and now I’m back to the reality of work, housework, etc… For the time being though, while my mind is still somewhat in Rockford with my fam, here are my top ten reasons why I love being home for the holidays:

10. Thanksgiving meals. Yep, that’s right. I said plural meals on Thanksgiving!
9. My parent’s couch is so inviting. Especially with the big fleece blanket and Falalala Lifetime drifting me in and out of dreamland.
8. Eating someone else’s groceries for a change.
7. Decorating the tree, Christmas music, and sparkling cider was a nice little treat.
6. Meeting up with old friends always has a sort of “Cheers” feeling to it. Everyone already knows you, where you came from, and why you are the way you are. There’s something freeing about that. Plus some of your friends just feel like home. Even after all these years.
5. Hugs from family members.
4. Cut throat board games always rock! I love that my family loves to play games.
3. Hanging out with my parents and brother never gets old (unless my brother is a crab).
2. Not having a set schedule is a nice break from my routine. Especially this fall.
1. Knowing that you can, in fact, “go home”. Regardless of what they say.

No comments: