Monday, October 19, 2009

Jam Bands...Ugh

Jam Bands and I are not friends. Don’t get me wrong, I love live music and I often love the songs at the beginning of a jam session, however I DO NOT, and I repeat, do not love to listen to a 20 minute song. It’s all a bit excessive if you ask me. Especially when it’s 50 degrees and raining.

Although this past weekend was nothing compared to my dreaded time at a Widespread Panic concert, I knew I was in trouble when half of the band stopped playing, grabbed a beer and light up their cigarettes. We, along with the rest of the band, proceeded to then watch the 2 musicians jam out for about 15 minutes repeatedly at the end of almost every song. No thank you. Next song please.

When I saw the first hippie twirl ensue, that should’ve been my cue that we were in for a long one.

No comments: