Monday, October 26, 2009

Oh, Facebook...

Although Facebook has opened up a world of connections to long lost friends, family members, etc… it has also opened up the opportunity to see into lives that we might not really want to see into but are not stronger enough to look away from.

Exhibit A: I should not be able to see my exes’ wedding photos no matter how long ago we broke up. I am not strong enough to not look and therefore spend 20 minutes critiquing the bride’s dress, flower selection, whether or not he’s gained weight, etc… I definitely have better things to do like change the ink in my pens and count the cracks in my driveway.

Exhibit B: It’s down right depressing seeing how many people I went to high school and college with who are getting divorced already. How does this happen at 28, 29, and 30 year old?! And with the option of “went from being married to single” on FB, it makes it just so simple and final. Now I know there is a lot that leads up to the “single” status change on FB, but for those of us who are not privy to any closeness to said relationship, it almost makes it appear as nonchalant as so and so just “became a fan of Jello Pudding Cups”. So sad and slightly discouraging.

Exhibit C: Farmville updates= annoying. Enough said here.

Oh, Facebook…some days I love to hate you.

No comments: