Other highlights during this last full week of March are:
- Last Sunday's lunch at Moe's in Algonquin. Yes, I drive 45 minutes to eat two tacos and chips and salsa and I make no apologies for this. It was delicious and all that I hoped it would be.
- This video. Click here. It made me smile and even go back to watch it a second time so I thought it was worth sharing. I miss "Just Jack" in my life.
- Making homemade milkshakes for our church group on Wednesday night. We host group every week in our home and it was our turn to make the snacks. I wasn't jazzed about anything in my recipe arsenal until I remembered how my grandma used to make us thebomb.com milkshakes when we were little. Running with that memory, I offered the following flavors and guests placed their order as they arrived: vanilla, chocolate, cookies'N cream, and Butterfinger. Yumm-o and so easy.
- Not contracting the Hubs stomach bug this week. Seriously, friends, if there has been a cold, bug, virus, etc...we've pretty much had them all in our home this winter (outside of Measles and SARS). Needless to say, my surgical face mask from the doctor's office visit last month has come in way more handy than I had anticipated.
- Getting to parent this beautiful face. Our Munchie is seriously one of the happiest babies I know. We are so lucky to call him ours.
- Not getting stuck in the
hotfrigid mess that was the first Monday of spring in IL. It was cold, snowy and apparently icy because it took me almost an hour to get to work on my 15 minute route:/ Thankfully, the road that I take every single day had already been closed due to about 12 cars being stuck on the incline thanks to ice buried under the snow. Who knows how long they were stuck there. Isn't this a lovely sight for the first Monday of spring? Barf.
- Finding this kiddie plate for Munchie's Easter basket! My favorite book growing up was The Pokey Little Puppy, so finding this Pokey little plate made my day. I've already saved an original copy of the 1970's book to read to my little man as well. Another other Pokey Little Puppy fans out there?
- Having a babysitter tonight so we can celebrate a friend's Bday. I've already lined up some of her favorite snacks in the hopes that she'll feel appreciated and want to come back again. This momma wants some summer nights out, ya hear me?
- The opportunity to celebrate RVC's Women's Basketball team for securing their 3rd NJCCA National Championship! These ladies are amazing athletes and deserve so much more recognition than they receive. I'm so proud of them and proud that I get to play a small role in such a strong college.
Happy Friday, Y'all!