Thursday, April 17, 2014

Easter Is on its Way

For the second year in a row, the Hubs and I will host Easter for any family members who'd like to attend. I like to think of it as a misfit gathering as there isn't really a formal invitation, it's not directed to one side or the other, and it's more so for anyone who would like to come and celebrate our Lord over some home cookin'.

I've planned the menu for the most part, although with two vegans attending, things are getting a tad bit more complex for this meat eater. Thankfully someone invited Google and Pinterest, so hopefully we'll have ample amounts of vegan-ness for them to enjoy that will be fool proof enough for me to make the dishes successfully.

The house cleaning has begun and some of the décor has been laid out, but the real fun will begin on Saturday when it's full on clean fest in our home.

As for décor, here are a few of my favorite pins for inspiration:

 






I love this one! I will never do this one. I don't have time and time outweighs my love for the cute ombre eggs on a string.
 

 
This one makes me laugh. I might need to make him one year. Who wouldn't want a bunny butt as their place card?

Simple, crisp and lush. I might try to recreate this one.


I hope your Easter is full of family, friends, and our risen Lord. He is risen indeed!

No comments: