Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday High Fives

This has been a long week. Anyone else out there feel the same? I'm guessing the mid-week snow emergency wasn't doing us any favors along the way.

This week, I'm thankful for the following pick me ups:
  • Putting a TV in our bedroom. Until last weekend, we were a one TV family for the last 21 months and I really like it. I liked watching almost every show with the Hubs and when someone didn't like a show, they could read, etc... That being said, I asked for cable in our bedroom as one of my Christmas presents and the Hubs delivered. My Sunday afternoon nap with a little Lifetime Movie Network in the bed was glorious. Apparently I am easy to please. It's just so dang cozy.
  • Dinner at Marc's Fusion in my near future (like 4 hours near future). Marc's sushi is incredible, and with two of his rolls being non-seafood as well as thoroughly cooked, this pregnant lady is pumped for some baby-safe sushi.

  • Parenthood. I know, I know, I give this show a high five almost every week, but I cannot help it. It's a high point in my week every week.
  • Spending lots of time with family last weekend, and especially seeing my cousin's daughter, Elsie. She's almost 2 and I've only seen her twice. She was sleeping those two times so I sort of feel like I've been missing out on watching her grow up, which made lunch even more fun. She's not quite 2 yet and was talking up a storm and was so fun and easily entertained in the restaurant. I told my cousin "whatever you're doing with her, I want you to teach me. Please." Maybe I can talk her into holding a few parental seminars for me? I would pay big bucks.
 
  • The sun is shining today and I didn't even have to zip up my winter coat. I'll call that a win!
  • The start to a visible "bump". I'm definitely in the "is she expecting or just putting on some winter weight?" stage, but I'll take it. It makes it all the more real.
  • Raisin English muffins with peanut butter. I've had one almost every morning for 3 months.

  • Getting a lease agreement signed for my home in South Carolina! We'll have carried a mortgage payment on it for 7 months thanks to a renter who decided she'd rather be evicted than continue paying rent. Peace out, second mortgage! I will NOT miss you. AND word on the street is that it's going to a fabulous new renter. I'll give you a hint, she's already lived in it once and is one of my favorite people. Praise the Lord for answered prayers!
  • Partaking in my first Shamrock shake of the season. Just as magical as I remembered.
  • This season of the Bachelor being over in one more week. I don't think I could take one more episode of Juan Pablo and his face touching, hair behind the ear tucking, etc... ABC, PLEASE pick someone new that we haven't seen yet to be the next Bachelor/Bachelorette. This is the one area that I don't support recycling. Pick someone new and shiny!
  • Manchego cheese. Love.

Have a great weekend, y'all!

No comments: