Friday, January 3, 2014

The Birthday Dilema

Right about now, I'm usually beginning the count down to my birthday and looking forward to "my day" with anticipation. This year, not so much really. 35, really? Just why? Why do I have to become smack dab in the middle of 30 and 40 in a few days? I'm not ready, although I have about 112 gray hair that beg to differ. At least with those punks I can try and keep down with some maintenance. The age issue, sadly, I don't think any amount of prevention can stop this train.

With this day approaching, I've been trying to wrack my brain on what I'd like for my birthday. People have asked and all I can say is "let me get back to you on this." Sorry, Mandy.  I haven't been able to think of one thing outside of the newest Hillsong United CD. When I told the Hubs that I'd asked his sister for a CD for my birthday, he just looked at me blankly and then asked "what are you 12? Was it Ace of Base per chance?" Um, no, dude. I'm about to be thirty stinkin five. You try to be creative with your wish list at a time like this.

So as I continue to mentally prepare myself for the big ole 3-5 that's about to smack me in the face sooner than I'd like, here is a list of what I'd like for my 35th year of this sweet, little life that I get to call my own:
  • A healthy 35th year that feels like I'm approximately 32
  • For our family to grow by one
  • A safe and successful Ironman Triathlon for the Hubs, and safe travels for the rest of us as we cheer him on
  • A marriage for my brother and his fiancĂ© so that they don't have to stay oceans apart
  • Another year with our grandparents and may it be filled with health and happiness for them
  • Another year with my little Piggy
  • The Hillsong CD (yes, I'm one of about 1,203 people in the world who still listens to CDs in my car. I didn't even know that was "uncool" until I saw the way he looked at me. Oh well.)
  • Anything anyone else would like to lavish on me. After all, it's not about receiving, but more so about giving and who am I to deprive anyone their joy of giving. I'm just selfless like that.
  • Oh, and a few less gray hairs. Pretty please.

No comments: