Man, I have a new found respect for my mother in law as she's been the head planner and scheduler of their annual Freibergapalooza for years. Who knew each person in my family had so many "must haves"? As I explored our weekend getaway options, some of the things that were thrown my way were (and granted, some of them were mine so I passed no judgment):
- It needs to be lakefront (okay, that one was actually mine)
- It should come with a boat (easier said than done)
- Can it be dog friendly?
- More than one communal bathroom is a non-negotiable
- It can't be more than X miles away
- There has to be other things to do aside from floating on a lake (this one was not mine)
So, here is the cozy little adventure that awaits us. I can also taste the vacation food already!
Our little red house that we've rented.
With Grafton, IL being situated on the water, I plan to have many outdoor meals and explore the many local wineries.
Can't wait to venture off into a vacation sunset!