Friday, July 26, 2013

A Good Day

Yesterday was a good day. There was a half day of work involved. There was girl time and shopping. There was rusty, chippy treasure hunting, and there were a pair of gray, vintage, leather cowboy boots found for $3. There were fountain cokes, sunshine, cool jewelry for 90% off, and a whimsical, ceramic cow head purchase. And then, as the sun set, there was a book club, and meeting new friends and seeing another friend that I don't get to see much since high school, and there was wine next to a quiet pool. There were laughs and honest talk.

Like I said, it was a very good day.

And just like the cowboy boots, necklaces and friends, there were little gems of utter foolishness, like this little conversation below. Enjoy.

Me, while driving: "How are Mo's (my cousin in nursing school) classes going this summer?"
Grandma: "Really well. I don't know how she does it. She's taking Chemistry."
Me: "Ugh, Chemistry is hard."
Grandma: "Yeah, I wouldn't be good at Chemistry. I only finished Algebra."
My mom: "I hated Algebra. I wouldn't be good at Chemistry either; I am awful at math."
Me, in somewhat shock: "Y'all know Chemistry is a science, right?"
Mom and Grandma: Silence, then laughter.

Oh, dear Lord. I told them I was going to get them the t-shirt that says "I'm too pretty to do math." And on the back, I'll write in "and Chemistry, which is science. Who knew?"