Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Year of Love

I am officially declaring 2013 the year of love. There is something sweet in the air so take a big ole whiff!

For the hubs and me, last year was our year of love, but in 2013, I'm so content to be an innocent bystander and champion for all of the celebrations around me.

With a slight sense of déjà vu, we'll get to witness 3 babies come into this world and grace our friends with their first born, AND we'll watch 3 friends marry their best friend this fall. My husband asked me while we were talking about the travel plans we'd need to make for the festivities "man, are we 24 again?"  He was right and let me tell you, feeling 24 again feels amazing! I love it! I love that there are a few of us who had to wait a little longer than our peers to find the right one, and now we get to do it together in a wave. It's kind of invigorating for some reason. No man left behind!

And thanks to this year of love, we'll now have 3 weddings to travel to between September and November, all of which are in Charleston. High fives for everyone!

AND, if that isn't wonderful in itself, two of the new babies will be gracing the arms of some of my closest friends in Charleston. And these babies have been fought for, prayed over, waited for, and dreamed about before they were a reality. Now our high fives shift to champagne popping (for me, not them, of course. Pregnant, remember?). Not only will I get to celebrate my friends as they exchange vows, but I'll get to snuggle and spend some QT with these new little babies in between doing the Wobble and Cupid Shuffle.

If you're out there in Blogland and awaiting some much needed love, whether it's in the form of a soulmate or your first little one, keep doing what you're doing. This year seems to hold a lot of promise for those who aren't afraid to wait it out, pray, continue going through the motions when it seems like nothing will ever come of those motions, etc...

2013 just might be your year. I, for one, am praying that it is!

PS...If you're a future bride contemplating doing a bouquet toss and garter toss at your reception, skip it. We decided to not put our friends through the ritual and 3 of our bridal party members are now engaged and tying the knot in 2013. You're welcome;)

No comments: