Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Inner Battle

Since relocating to Rockford and moving 1,000 miles away from my treasured girlfriends, many of my daily battles of the menial nature, must be sorted out internally. Sad face. But really, who wants me to call them with my spotty reception just to contemplate what I should wear to a baby shower or whether or not I should go darker with my hair as fall rolls in? And let's face it, I love my hubby, but he most likely does not care about a minor skin breakout and my spaz session that will ensue. He's a smart man, and when we have these convos, he without fail responds with "you always look beautiful, babe". Awww.

So here it goes, my inner battle yesterday at a stoplight. Some people post their dialogue with a friend. Me, I talk to myself a lot these days. Don't judge.

Me- "You do realize that you're going to be the pastiest person at the wedding this weekend in Charleston, right? Just want to make sure you're aware of that detail."

Self- "Ugh. Yes. I am brutally aware."

Me- "It's okay though. I mean, at least we're going to Charleston in the first place. That's what's important here."

Self- "I know. Blah, blah, blah."

Me- "You just have to own it. Pale is the new tan, duh. Skin cancer is so 2007 and you now have creamy, untouched from the sun skin. And that, my friend, is always in style."

Self- "You're right. I can rock this. I just can't wait to be in Charleston! I won't even care about my lack of tan when I'm there."

Me- "You go girl, that's the spirit!"

Self- "Are you sure we don't have time for a spray tan?"

No comments: