Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Top Ten Things I Learned in My 20's

10. I love working in the non-profit sector, regardless of the not so great pay.
9. If I can survive a lay-off and being jobless as a brand new home owner for 4 months, I can survive almost anything.
8. I need to take better care of myself. "Burning the candle at both ends" just doesn't fly anymore.
7. Love is messy.
6. Love is confusing.
5. Girlfriends truly do become like family and you'll need them more than you'd ever imagine.
4. I can survive outside of my comfort zone, with absolute strangers, in a 3rd world country, when it means that I will able to help someone in need.
3. I am going back to that third world country in the next decade as well.
2. The older I get, the more I grow and learn. The more I grow and learn, the more I like myself. The more I like myself, the more I am able to truly like and appreciate others.
1. Leaving my 20's behind isn't as scary as I thought. It's actually kind of refreshing.

No comments: