Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thankful



Today I am thankful for family that love and support me, but that don't take me too seriously.

I'm thankful for my health and the health of those I love.

I'm thankful for friends, both near and far.

I'm thankful those friends can make the worst day brighter with a simple text, hug or hang out.

I'm also thankful that those friends are people with whom I can be away from for months and then the minute I can see them and touch them, we're back right where we left off.

I'm thankful for WAY more than I deserve when it comes to shelter, nourishment, and warmth. I've never gone without. Never.

I'm thankful for a career that not only pays the bills but that gives me an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our community members with the gift of education.

I'm thankful for my fur baby, Piggy, who has had a challenging year with no longer being the only baby and dealing with a move, but who has weathered those challenges with the best of em.

I'm thankful for my son. He is the gift that I look at every day and think "is he really mine?" I will do my best to not screw this up, and when I do make mistakes, I'll hopefully be quick to correct those mistakes and cover them with love.

I'm thankful for the Hubs who is a phenomenal provider, pillar, listener, friend, and partner through this crazy life that we share.

I'm thankful for my faith and for a God who is never far from me regardless of how far I may be from Him. He is the God of second chances. And third chances. And fourth...

And most all, I'm thankful for this life that I'm given every day that my eyes open and I take my first breath of the day. I don't take it for granted and I pray that I'm making mine count.

Happy Thanksgiving, friends! I count you among my many thanks.

No comments: