In an effort to give my high fives some credit for making long days better, I shall declare this post a whole darn week in review. I'm just
- Securing a couple large gifts for scholarships at the College last week. Many of our students are so deserving, so every dollar we bring in for them is a super high five!
- Parmesan Garlic popcorn from the Popcorn Parlor. Fresh, local and delish.
- Discovering the new show Married at First Sight. I LOVE it. If you haven't seen it, give it a watch. It's a reality show where you actually root for the people versus roll your eyes at their drama. Now, I'm not condoning marrying a total stranger, however, it does make for an interesting experiment and some darn good TV.
- Spending an afternoon with my mom on Friday. I gave her lunch and a pedicure for her birthday in Feb. Needless to say, it was way overdue!!
- Happening across an AMAZING deal to have some of our furniture refinished for next to nothing. We have some pieces that I bought and had big plans to redo myself, along with a few older pieces that the Hubs already had. That was until this year when we found out we were expecting and painting was on the "no-no" list. So there they sat, untouched, in the way and collecting dust. As of today, there are 5 pieces being refinished without me having to smell one whiff of a paint fume. It's glorious, friends! I can't wait to share the results. I haven't even seen a finished product and I already feel as though it was worth every cent. Here are two of the pieces (so long Ronald McDonald dressers!!):
- Catching up with old friends over a delicious brunch on Sunday morning. It was a morning filled with mommy talk, catching up on other skating friends, a few gifts for Ziggy and wonderful fresh apple cider pancakes. I was also given this sweet bracelet in honor of our boy. I love it.
- This sweet family portrait compliments of my friend's daughter, Sophie. Precious.
- Purchasing all of our remaining "must have" items from our registry. The Hubs put together the travel system and it is 100% Piggy approved. He let me push him around in it for awhile and seemed totally content being the practice baby.
- Cleaning out our garage with the help of my parents over the weekend, and my father in law today. This was no small undertaking, but it looks so good! I just want to lay in the middle of it and do garage floor angels there's so much space. Thanks for your help mom, dad and Dick!
- And the biggest high five goes to Walker, my friend's son, for beginning his healing journey. He's suffered from seizures for over a month now, but is now out of the medically induced coma and experiencing less frequent seizures. He has a ways to go with PT, but his eyes are open and his mom got to hold him for the first time in a month. This picture is pure joy. She's the strongest mom I know!! #Walkerstrong
I hope y'all had a fabulous weekend and are ready to rock this week like 7 Fridays in a row!