Friday, February 7, 2014

The Beans Have Been Spilled!


Whew! It feels so good to no longer carry around the biggest secret I've ever had. Three months is a LONG time to not shout out "We're having a baby!!"  Spilling the beans was also pretty nerve wracking, I must say. It made me feel very vulnerable, but I'm not sure how much longer we could've kept such a huge secret under wraps. Sooooooo, WE'RE HAVING A BABY!

I'm sure this blog will take a bit of a turn as I process this whole journey, but I promise not to make it all about baby. I've just had so much to say over the last 3 months and wanted so badly to talk about it on here, so I'm glad you all know.

So in usual Friday fashion, I thought I'd bring you some of my current Friday High Fives.  On Monday we might take a look at some of my current low fives, but today? Today we celebrate!

  • Learning that you're expecting. It was a surge of adrenaline to the soul, for sure. Details to come on that later, but don't panic, I promise not to talk about pee sticks or anything;)
  • Being able to share the news with our family and friends. Priceless. Squeals and tears have been my favorite reactions for far!
  • Naps. I love naps. Growing a human is very tiring apparently.
  • Fresh strawberries and blueberries. I can't get enough of them.
  • Salt and vinegar chips. The Hubs finished the last of the bag last week. It was almost a stage 5 meltdown when I went to grab them and they were gone. PSA...Don't finish a pregnant woman's favorite snack and not add it to the grocery list for your own safety and her sanity.
  • Tracking how big your little bean is with the fruit comparison. Right now Small Frei is the size of a lime and has eyes and ears, and is starting to wiggle their toes and fingers. So very cool!
  • Praying over Small Frei. I already want the very best for them, and right now, the best is for Jesus to keep strengthening and protecting him/her.
  • Experiencing this miracle first hand. Pregnancy has always blown my mind, but for the first time, I get to feel it and be part of it. It completely blows my mind that right now there are two heartbeats inside of me. When I think I'm by myself, I'm not. Wherever I am, there's two people present. There is a life already in existence that is 50% me and 50% the Hubs and it's my duty and privilege to be the one to literally carry them for the first 9 months of their life. It's nothing short of a miracle.
  • Seeing the faintest start of a "bump". It's proof that Small Frei is growing and I love it.
  • Cake and pizza. I'm trying SO hard to eat healthy for this baby, I really am. But the thought of a plate a broccoli makes me sick. Pizza and cake, now that should soothe my stomach for sure;)
 
Happy Friday, Y'all!

No comments: