Friday, May 24, 2013

A Face Lift Weekend

Our sweet, little estate is getting a major face lift this week. After a long, harsh winter, our girl is chipping, peeling and sagging a bit. She's earned a lot  little bit of work, so we're biting the bullet, emptying our pockets, and cleaning her up.

To say I'm excited is an understatement, but I'm also a tad bit nervous. I'm so used to her current colors and her bright red door is kind of her signature, you know? When we tell people where we live, many of them respond with "oh yeah, the house with the red door, I know it well." Will she still pop with a non-red door? To keep her visible and poppin', we've picked a fun color for her entrance once again. Should painting a house be this exciting? Is this what adulthood comes to? What's more is exciting than painting, you ask? Getting that hideous window AC unit removed that someone built straight into the front of our house. Take a hike, Jack! You're not even close to being welcome here.

So take a good long look at our taupe, white and red little nugget. The next time you see her, she'll be sporting her new face. I can't wait to see this girl smile again!

PS...We hired my talented uncle to do the work, which I think is playing into my excitement level. It's not as fun to part with the money, but I'm not even trying to claim that I'd know how to paint an exterior. Money well spent, y'all.




No comments: