Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Terrible Tuesday Topper!

Just one more thought as I try to put yesterday behind me (although today isn't looking all that great either with "traffic court" kicking off my morning).

Last night after my beloved dog Wrigley would not allow me to take a nap after work (bless his little annoying heart) I decided I'd go to the grocery store. I love going to the grocery store so I figured this would be a nice treat. Everything was going great and I was feeling better. As the sweet, high school girl was ringing up my groceries she requested my ID for the bottle of wine in my cart. I politely handed it over to he, she examined the date, and enthusiastically stated "Whoa, you're almost as old as my parents!"

Needless to say, I was shocked and instantly depressed. The poor bag boy looked like he wanted to crawl into my bag along with the sushi he had just loaded, and the girl proceeded to just giggle ( bless her little annoying heart). Inside I was screaming "JUST RING UP MY GROCERIES, KEEP MY AGE OUT OF THIS TRANSACTION, AND GO BACK TO YOUR JONAS BROTHER'S CD WHEN YOU GET OFF AT 9, OKAY!" but on the outside I politely said as the Christian woman I am "wow, that's so funny. Have a great night" and went on my way while trying not to cry or vomit.

Gotta love it!

1 comment:

hmgarver421 said...

Ugh. I'm sorry your day was so bad yesterday :( I really wonder why so many people's brains and mouths are not connected. I will be happy to share my equally terrible stupid people comments when they come later this summer - and I promise you that they will!