Friday, March 28, 2014

Friday High Fives

I wish I had more high fives to share, but this has been a long week full of more low fives than high. BUT, I shall not dwell on the lows with this post, so here are some smile makers for you:
  • Sweet friends who sent texts of encouragement or to simply to check in on the river house progress. Seeing your names pop up and knowing you thought about us made this long and stressful process a bit more bearable. Thank you!
  • Donut holes.

  • Booking three new weddings this week.
  • A thunderstorm last night. It's a small, yet tangible sign that spring still exists.
  • Seeing my two favorite geese, Pearl and Merle, making their way back to our yard today for nesting season. I felt like two of my long, lost friends had come home.
  • Knowing I'll get to see this man rock out tonight! "I got my first real six-string, Bought it at the five-and-dime. Played it 'til my fingers bled. It was the summer of '69."

  • Feeling what I'm guessing to be the tiniest little kick from Small Frei. I'm not sure if it was, in fact, a kick, but it's happened twice now and was sudden, short and unlike the other flutters I've felt. Hey, I'll take it.
  • The opportunity to match a donor up with a campus project that made them giddy with excitement. What started off as a "you may like to know" conversation, ended in a "I want to help fund that" conversation. Uncovering gifts is always a great feeling, but seeing a donor float out of the room from truly connecting with a project is incredible.

Well, folks, that's about all I have in terms of highs. This week has been a challenging one.

On the flip side, I'd love to ask for your prayers for my grandfather who was admitted to the hospital and awaiting a possible surgery. His name is Stan and I'm sure he'd love your prayers if you're willing to send a few his way. Thank you, sincerely, in advance!

Happy Friday, Y'all!

No comments: